Senior Software Engineer
Job Location – Simi Valley, CA, USA
You will be a key member of our engineering team, working on critical-path SDN server technology, based on the latest YANG-based network management standards. You will have Full Software Development Lifecycle responsibilities for our multi-protocol server products, focusing on IoT features and standards.
We are only interested in *careful* expert C programmers with a strong background in embedded systems and networking protocols. This position requires advanced Linux tools skills, including Yocto/Bitbake and many other embedded Linux tools.
Full-time attendance at our headquarters in Simi Valley, CA, is a requirement.
Our server technology is used by many network equipment vendors on a range of devices, from tiny IoT devices to large data center routers. We are looking for somebody that can handle the pressure of working on critical path server technology. Every stage of development, especially design, test, and support will be demanding, requiring expertise and experience.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- 4 or more years of related networking industry experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced Linux and networking experience including embedded Linux systems
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent software development and documentation skills
- Required Programming Languages: C, C++
- Desired Programming Languages: Go, Python
- Networking experience: NETCONF, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSH, TLS, Google’s gRPC
- YANG data modeling experience: IETF, OpenDaylight, OpenConfig, O-RAN, Metro Ethernet Forum
- Embedded Linux: Yocto, PetaLinux, Linaro, VxWorks, Buildroot
- Other: Jenkins, Qt5, git, JIRA Agile, Freshdesk, LibreOffice, RPM and Debian packaging
4 weeks PTO + 2 weeks company-paid holiday
Check out our website at http://www.yumaworks.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year